What did you expect?

Me, myself, and I. For you, this blog.
I post, what i feel should be posted. You read, what you feel should be read. If you choose to follow, I will gratiously accept and return the favor. Updates will be made when necessary, and I have full intent to give any readers something relevant to what they want to read; Vote on Polls. If your taking the time to read this page that I took the time to make for you, Thank you. I'm here for the entertainment; Yours, and My Own. Keep in mind: The best way to become boring is to say everything.
What did you expect?

Friday, March 5, 2010

Down the Rabbit Hole & Through the Looking Glass




Alice in Wonderland in fact isn't a remake of the classic tale from Lewis Carroll, but is a continuation of the story years later! Woaahh, i was kinda surprised lol. It's actually about when 19 year old Alice returns to Wonderland; reunited with the spins of the classic odd ball characters, and finds her true destiny to end the Red Queen's reign of terror. Wow. Soooooooo excited. Like I don’t think you have an idea. I have been looking forward to this film for the past two years. Once I heard about it, of course I automatically felt the need to see it. Good and a Bad... Good: I heard the imagery and visuals were stunning.. but the plot line weak? Gah, see, Tim Burton has forever been one of my idols and favourite directors. From James in the Giant Peach, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands and ESPECIALLY Big Fish... I have always thought that he was a brilliant man! Now, I haven’t seen the 2010 version of Alice in Wonderland yet – because it is released today, and I didn’t get midnight showing tickets *sob*- but I have done my research, know the characters fully, and have seen many interviews, trailers, and clips. Of course there have been endless variations on the classic Alice tale, but I’m going to be focusing on the more popular Disney version, along with Burton’s (Of course...). I honestly can’t say that it will be similar to the 1951 version, not only because of the animation, but because of Burton’s imagination. The Disney version seems as though to be very literal, and visual. “Burton and his design team summon up is a lavish, lush and witty immersive experience, and there are some strong contributions from performers, many of them transformed by computer-generated imagery.” Johnny Depp (Mad Hatter) – being the most talked-about character- collaborating with Mia Wasikowska (Alice), Helena Bonham Carter *LOVE* (The Red Queen), Anne Hathaway, (The White Queen), and many other fantastic voices and actors seem to make one of the most publicized films since Harry Potter… Hot Topic is one of the giant marketing ploys that the film has came up with. Several stores across America have been designed to feature Alice in Wonderland paraphernalia, including cardboard cut-outs, large, decorative mushrooms, and basically everything that could possibly make any store look like you fell down the rabbit hole. Simply Amazing. And that’s just about all I have to say for now... :( Just wanted to get that out there that I’m uber excited for this film, no matter what people are saying about it. I have no expectations, and when I watch it, I refuse to base my decision on comparisons and other variations. . . That’s not cool. Because I think that it will be a unique movie on it’s own. So, after I see it, then I will make my decision.
So, since i mentioned Hot Topic, i'm kiiiinda obligated to suggest that you a store to pick up some Alice merch ! .....Thumbs up for sell-outs! ......
Oh, and one more thing...
I'M LATE! I'M LATE! For a very important date! No time to say HELLO, GOODBYE! I'm late, i'm late, i'm late.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment